The Love Of Fall

September is my favorite month! Well maybe because it is also my Birthday! LOL
I have put together my September Picks from Etsy. Here they are in the Treasury I call, "September Hoots For Gifts". In my profile page: https://www.etsy.com/people/pom2pomfashions
https://www.etsy.com/treasury/NTMzOTk0N3wyNzI0MjA5MzIz/september-hoots-for-gifts?ref=pr_treasury


My Hand Knotted Owl Plant Holder. His name is "NAPOLEON".
I have him for sale in my showcase shop, Miller Valley Indoor Art Market, in Prescott, AZ.



This summer we joined a Bowling League in Prescott Valley, Az.  Had lots of exercise!
We started out in last place and ended in last place. LOL
Our son, James took this picture od Dad. He calls it, "BOWLER ALONE".
I added a New Fish to my fish tank I call, "SHIPROCK ISLAND".
I have an Albino Oscar named, ANGEL.
In the cave is JACK, my Jack Dempsey.
My newest is, OLLY, my Tiger Oscar.
Oh, can't forget my algae eating fish, JEFF.



 My son, Chris,  gave me the Tiger Oscar from his tank. See more info in his Website, CMPFXDESIGN, on Fish and Jewelry!

SHARE AN INSPIRING STORY HERE! WHAT PULLS AT YOUR HEART STRINGS?

Sharing a recipe from one of my Cookbooks!
                                         CHOCOLATE by Christine McFadden and Christine France.


CHOCOLATE-ORANGE BATTENBURG


Serves 8
1/2 cup soft margarine
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
few drops of vanilla extract
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup self-rising flour,sifted
grated zest and juice of 1/2 orange
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder,sifted
2-3 tablespoons of milk
1 jar chocolate and nut spread
cornstarch for dusting
8 ounces white almond paste

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and line a 7-inch square cake pan. Arrange a double piece of foil across the middle of the pan, to divide it into two equal rectangles.
2. Cream the margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl, then beat in the eggs, vanilla extract and ground almonds. 
Divide the mixture evenly between two bowls. Fold half the flour into one bowl, then stir in the orange zest and sufficient juice to create a soft consistency. Set the orange flavored mixture aside.
3. Fold the rest of the flour and the cocoa into the remaining mixture, with enough milk to create a soft consistency.Fill have of the pan with the orange mixture and the second half with the chocolate.
Flatten the top with a wet spoon. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 325 degrees F. and bake the cake for 20-30 more minutes or until the top is just firm.
Let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Turn out the cakes onto a board and cut each one into two identical strips. Trim them so they are even, then let cool.
4. Using the chocolate and nut spread, sandwich the cakes together, chocolate and orange side by side, then orange and chocolate on top. Spread the sides with more of the chocolate nut spread. 
On a board lightly dusted with cornstarch, roll out the white almond paste to a rectangle 7 inch wide and long enough to wrap all around the cake. Wrap the almond paste carefully around the cake, making the seam underneath. Press to seal. Mark a criss-cross pattern on the almond paste with a knife, then pinch together the corners, if desired. Store in a cool place. Cut with a sharp knife into checkered slices to serve.

FOOD NOTES:
If you do not have the self-rising flour, the rule of thumb is to add 1 level teaspoon of baking powder to one cup of sifted flour.

I use real butter in cakes for a richer flavor.

Discount Reward Code for September is FACEBOOKFAN15
Give me the code through my Etsy Store in conversation and I will apply the discount before you go to check-out!

Thanks for Visiting!
Cindy from Craftflaire.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HONEY-DO'S

TOFFEE APPLE PUDDING

Buddy's Dream